Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vaudeville Opening Night


It's opening night. I've caught up with a handful of the actors and asked them what was uppermost in their minds. This is what they said;


'A tech thing. There's a new thing in getting up on the balcony. It's the sort of thing you could get wrong if you're not concentrating." - Matt (paraphrased)


'Give myself plenty of time to put my pin-curls in. Takes a good 25 minutes." - Julia.


'Trying not to let it become more than just the next show.' - Mark.


I also ran into a few of the other people working on the show and asked for any thoughts they had.


'I'm very excited. Every preview has been taking a step up. I'm expectant and hopeful of it taking another special leap into opening night.' - Chris.


'Excitement' - Lally.


'I think it's gonna live tonight.' - Stephen N.


'I got locked out of my house. God, I'm glad to be here. I love everyone so much.' - Jonathon.


'I'm very happy with where it's at, and very excited.' - Richard.




2 comments:

  1. How can I get my hands on a copy of the play?
    I am in Sydney....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me an email at goodbyevaudeville(at)gmail.com and I'll work something out for you. It will become available at some point, but not until a 'final' version has been put together.

    ReplyDelete